From this point on, I'm going to be using a sample site called www.QuiltingBlog.com. You'll be able to go and check it out as the site progresses. At some point, I will post all the videos on that site as another reference.
PLEASE NOTE: The first minute or so of the video has a blank white screen with some activity going on at the top. Don't worry… the video is working, it is just the part where I'm logging into the control panel!
Here's the link to the video:
And here's the updated list of tutorials:
- Register your domain and set up hosting – done!
- Set up your WordPress installation – done!
- Pick a theme and apply it
- The right plugins for your website
- Getting a Google account
- Settings, settings, and more settings
- Creating a graphical header
- Setting up an email subscription system
- Organizing your site – writing pages
- Writing posts and adding images
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Wrapping it all up